This time of the year everyone is so excited about the upcoming holidays and also really really sick!! Everyone around us is coming down with something! Whether it be a cold, a cough, EBOLA(what?!), or a 24 hour bug. We can tell you one thing, we don’t want ANY of it!
Here are some simple ideas to help us all help eachother and ourselves:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs and stop the spread of germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Most experts believe that flu viruses spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby. Less often, a person might also get flu by touching a surface or object that has flu virus on it and then touching their own mouth, eyes or nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects.Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu can help slow the spread of influenza.
Follow these guidelines and good luck!!